Book Title: Black Magic Woman
Author(s): Justin Gustainis
Series: Quincey Morris, Book 1
Publisher: Solaris, Year: 2009
Black Magic Woman: Supernatural investigator Quincey Morris and his partner, white witch Libby Chastain, are called in to help free a desperate family from a deadly curse that appears to date back to the Salem Witch Trials. To release the family from the danger they must find the root of the curse, a black witch with a terrible grudge that holds the family in her power.
The pursuit takes them to the mysterious underworlds of Boston, San Francisco, New Orleans, and New York, stalking prey that is determined to stay hidden. After surviving a series of terrifying attempts on their lives, the two find themselves drawn inexorably towards Salem itself and the very heart of darkness.
Black Magic Woman by Justin Gustainis is a supernatural thriller that follows the adventures of the occult investigator, Quincey Morris, as he tries to stop a powerful sorceress who is wreaking havoc in the streets of Pittsburgh.
Key Ideas and Arguments
- The book explores the themes of power, corruption, and the dangers of unchecked ambition.
- The use of black magic and other supernatural elements is used to heighten the tension and suspense of the story.
- The characters, especially the protagonist Quincey Morris, are complex and multi-dimensional, adding depth to the story.
Chapter Titles and Main Sections
- The Dark Lady of New Orleans
- Sorcery in Steel City
- A Witch’s Brew
- Blood on the Waterfront
- Hex Marks the Spot
- Pittsburgh’s Ghosts
- Tangled Webs
- Dead Men Tell No Tales
Key Takeaways and Conclusions
- Black Magic Woman is a thrilling supernatural story that explores themes of power, corruption, and ambition.
- The characters, especially the protagonist Quincey Morris, are well-developed and add depth to the story.
- The use of black magic and other supernatural elements adds tension and suspense to the plot.
Author’s Background and Qualifications
Justin Gustainis is an American author who is known for his supernatural thrillers. He has a Ph.D. in Communication and Culture from Indiana University and has taught at the college level for over 25 years.
Comparison to Other Books on the Same Subject
Black Magic Woman is a unique blend of supernatural thriller and crime fiction, making it stand out from other books in the genre.
Target Audience or Intended Readership
The book is aimed at fans of supernatural thrillers and crime fiction.
Reception or Critical Response to the Book
The book has received positive reviews for its engaging characters and fast-paced plot. It has been praised for its blend of supernatural elements and crime fiction.
Publisher and First Published Date
The book was published by Solaris in 2008.
Black Magic Woman is a must-read for fans of supernatural thrillers and crime fiction. Other similar books on the same topic include the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher and the Sandman Slim series by Richard Kadrey.
Black Magic Woman is an engaging supernatural thriller that explores themes of power, corruption, and the dangers of unchecked ambition.